A photo blog of all the things that are beautiful in my life.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Immortal Goldfish

Fish are hard to photograph.

Two summers ago my mom brought back a goldfish from the camp carnival.  I'm pretty sure my response was WTF do you want me to do with that?!?!?!  Then we went to the carnival and won FOUR MORE goldfish.  These goldfish were tiny little things that were among hundreds in a tank.  They were placed into their travel bags by carneys who scooped them up in their hands.  I was sure they'd die.  We kept them in a ziplock bag in tiny cooler for three days until we got home.  I kind of hoped that they wouldn't make the car ride but they were still alive when we got in.  A trip to the pet store and $100 later and we had a tank for them.  So here it is, two years later, and they're huge, alive, and well.  

  
Stupid carney fish.


They'll never die.

This is our algae eater.  The guy at the pet store didn't want to sell it to me because it was going into a ten gallon tank with 5 goldfish.  He said it was too many fish in one tank and that he'd die.  This fish who is now 3"-4" was only about a half an inch when I bought him.  He too is alive and well, and huge just like the goldfish.


I want a guinea pig.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite one so far. You did a really great job photographing the fish. Our fair fish always live if we only get one, but they die if we get more than one. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete