A photo blog of all the things that are beautiful in my life.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Buried Treasure

After 12 years and many assumptions that it had been lost forever, my Grandmother's recipe box was found.  My Aunt contacted me earlier this week to tell me that she had been digging around in a closet and stumbled upon it.  She asked if I would like to have it.  I could barely contain my excitement when replying back with an enthusiastic YES!!!!


 The papers held within this box are perhaps the best treasure I have ever placed my hands upon.  These recipes are so much more than how to make cookies.  This is family history.  This is the key to some of my happiest childhood memories of my Grandparents.  


My Grandma's handwriting alone was enough to make me tear up.


For Easter this year I'll be baking a little bit of nostalgia 
and a whole lot of love.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you are so thrilled with the recipe box. I know that you will treasure it and pass those recipes onto Kyrie and your future Granddaughters. Just how it should be!! I have to tell you....I showed your Uncle Allen this post and he teared up! He is just as thrilled that you are so excited!

    ReplyDelete