A photo blog of all the things that are beautiful in my life.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chicken in a bag and other noms from this week

*imagine me singing this badly*  Chicken in a bag, chicken in a bag, who doesn't like chicken in a bag....Actually it was kind of terrible.  I was feeling rather lazy when it came to cooking this week so when my husband brought home some packety thingies from his mom's house I was excited.  This one was easy to make.  Take some chicken parts or in my case a bag of frozen chicken breast, some veggies, the seasoning packet and throw them into the bag.  Close the bag, poke little holes in for steam, and toss it in the oven for an hour.  I added a half an hour for the chicken to defrost.  The chicken itself was very tender but tasted, meh, ok.  The veggies however were so incredibly salty that they were almost inedible. 


Lazy dinner number 2!  Crock pot chicken.  Take chicken parts, (semi defrosted chicken tenders) mushrooms, (didn't have any so I used green beans) a can of stewed tomatoes, and a can of tomato paste and dump into the crock pot with the seasoning packet.  This one was actually quite tasty and I can replicated with my own seasonings if I ever want to make it again.

I made garlicy rice pilaf from scratch to go with the crock pot chicken.  It was so delicious that I could have eaten this whole pot.


And my favorite thing from the whole week...
Coffee in my favorite mug that my Gram gave to me and star snickerdoodle cookies.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment